7/19/2011

New Power Tools!


Scored again big this week... found a '91 Alltrade 18" Scroll Saw, still in its original box and used only twice, for $30... then later that same day I scored a sweet Skil brand bench top 5 speed drill press for $35 All that leaves me to acquire is a bench top belt sander, and I found one of those in awesome shape for $45... if it's still there on payday, it's coming home with me

Then I can start on the collection of air tools I want, starting with an air compressor... but that'll be awhile, given budget restrictions.

So the first project I tried with the scroll saw, never having used one before, was a name-plate for my pup's doghouse that I built him 3 years ago. It's kinda fun using that saw But since I can get metal-cutting blades for it, it'll serve the purpose of a jigsaw and a bandsaw as well, which is why I got it. I don't do "hard core" wood or metal work, just stuff that needs to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment