7/21/2011

Upcoming Trip


756 miles, couple nights' stays at friends/family, just gonna be chill about it... got 4 days vacation and hoping to get some great pics along the way I'm pretty excited about this, been a long time since I've done anything "just for myself" by way of travel. It'll be interesting to learn about my own stamina and abilities along the way, and yes, I'm packing light... not one to feel the need for everything but the kitchen sink Camera, 2 changes of clothes, toothbrush, 9mm, pint of R&R, basically... the rest I always carry in the saddlebags anyway. Yup, taking the bike... she's purring and eager to get on the road for a good long ride. My average MPG has been about 64 when riding 60 mph and below, and about 55 when riding above 70 mph. Sure beats what I'm getting in my Tracker, 25 no matter how I drive whether fast or slow, in 4wd or 2wd. I know the routes, and if I play it right I'll be able to get some nice mellow time here and there to take advantage of awesome photo ops. I'll post 'em up after I get back, of course :)

No comments:

Post a Comment